Networking and Discussion Event: Reopening Revisited
Wednesday, July 8, 2020
Join colleagues from across Alberta for a facilitated discussion about the continued experience of reopening museum sites and operating in a new public environment.
We encourage you to review the discussion starters below:
• Many museums across Alberta have now been open for one month. How successful has reopening been at your site?
• What challenges do you face as you continue to work to re-attract audiences through the summer?
• What work is continuing remotely, and what elements from your work during closures are being brought forward to your work as a reopened site?
• If you have made the decision to stay closed, or must remain closed for other reasons, what influenced your decision? What short- and long-term implications does this bring?
• What work have you done while closed to remain viable, relevant, and operational in the future?
• How are you using the summer to prepare for business in the fall or winter?
In addition, please bring any discussion questions you may have on this topic for the group, as there will be time to raise them during the meeting. You can also email topic ideas to email@example.com.
The meeting will take place at 11:00 a.m.
Participants will receive a link shortly before the event to join the meeting via Microsoft Teams or an Internet browser. Please remember to mark your calendars after registering.
This event is part of a series of virtual networking and discussion opportunities that facilitate conversations among museum workers across the province. Find more upcoming virtual meetings on the AMA homepage under “Events.”