Meet Your Museum
Looking for new ways to attract visitors to your institution
this spring and summer? Participate in the Alberta Museums
Association's #MeetYourMuseum campaign!
The #MeetYourMuseum campaign provides AMA members with
tools and resources to attract visitors and key stakeholders to
their sites and encourage them to engage on social media. The
campaign is designed to increase awareness of Alberta museums,
boost attendance, and promote joy and collective celebration of
Alberta's culture and heritage. By participating in this campaign,
members will also help develop a unified voice for the museum
community, increase public engagement with museums, and support
each other with their advocacy and awareness efforts.
The campaign involves:
- Distributing "I met my Museum" buttons to
- Encouraging visitors to participate online by sharing selfies
with their buttons and using the hashtags #IMetMyMuseum
- Sharing the AMA's #MeetYourMuseum images on social
media along with your existing promotions; and
- Inviting local elected officials to visit your museum.
The AMA has created a toolkit for our members to support their
marketing and awareness efforts and encourage a unified voice
across the province. Click the links to the right to find:
- "I met my Museum" buttons, available free to AMA
Institutional members from the AMA Bookstore;
- #MeetYourMuseum promotional images for members to use
in conjunction with existing promotions and / or across social
- Template letters for a #MeetYourMuseum invitation to
send to your elected officials; and
- A fact sheet that focusses on the value of arts, culture, and
heritage institutions to society to use when engaging external
stakeholders or promoting your work.
If you would like more information about the
#MeetYourMuseum campaign, please contact the Advancement
Lead at email@example.com
or at 780.424.2626.