What is the Institutional Profile?
The Institutional Profile is the first chapter in your RMP
journey, a gateway piece if you like.
For new applicants to RMP, the Institutional Profile ensures
your museum is eligible to participate in RMP before you embark on
a full Application. It also provides an overview of your
institution for the Review Panel, helping them to contextualize the
evidence found in your main application.
For reapplicants to RMP, the Institutional Profile is an
opportunity for you to provide an up-to-date overview of your
institution to the Review Panel. This includes identifying any
changes to the governance, operation, capacity, physical space, or
purpose of the institution in advance of submitting the
What information do I need to complete the Institutional
The information required to complete your Institutional profile
is as follows:
- Institutional Address and designated RMP Contact Person;
- On-site attendance for the most recently completed fiscal
- Mission Statement, including the date of approval;
- Governing Authority details (ex. incorporation number,
government department, municipality, etc.);
- Total Operating Budget for current fiscal year;
- Schedule of Board meetings for the most recently completed and
current fiscal years (if applicable);
- Staffing Data (number paid and unpaid staff, seasonal and
- Hours of Operation;
- Accession numbering system (including explanation of how it is
- Accession register storage and back-up procedures;
- Number of educational and public programs offered in the most
recently completed fiscal year; and
- Number of new permanent or temporary exhibits installed within
the past years.
How do I complete the Institutional Profile?
The Institutional Profile will be accessible through the RMP
section of the AMA website from January 2019. And remember, it's
A PDF version of the questions will be available
to help in preparing your evidence ahead of completing the online
How long will it take to complete the Institutional
Most institutions will be able to complete the Institutional
Profile from start to finish in under two hours.
When is the deadline to complete the Institutional
The Institutional Profile must be completed by May 31 of the
year your institution intends to submit an Application or